SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- BusyKids™ Kids’ Camp!® Tie-Dye Kit: Pink, Lime, Black
- BusyKids™ Kids’ Camp!® Tie-Dye Party Pack: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Turquoise
- White bucket hat, 100% cotton
- Plastic tablecloth
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
1. Prewash hat to remove sizing; do not use fabric softener.
2. Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth and lay damp hat on prepared surface. Pinch about a 2" section of fabric on hat and wrap a rubber band tightly around fabric. Move down another inch and wrap another rubber band around hat fabric. Add a third rubber band about 2" below the second rubber band.
3. Wearing plastic gloves, add water to Pink, Black and Orange dye bottles and mix according to instructions.
4. Squeeze Black on the tip, Orange onto the second rubber banded section and Pink on the third section. Squeeze Black onto the remainder of hat.
5. Cover hat with plastic tablecloth to keep damp and let set 6 to 8 hours or longer for most intense color. Rinse thoroughly in warm running water until runoff is clear then wash separately in a large load of hottest water suitable for fabric and a small amount of laundry soap. Dry separately.