Three Color Ombre Scarf
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit- Super Big
- 100% natural fiber white scarf
- Disposable plastic table cover
- Wide disposable paintbrush
- Large water cup
- Plastic bowl for each dye color used
1. Wash scarf and leave damp. Lay out on work surface covered with plastic table cover.
2. Mix Brown, Orange and Green One-Step dyes according to package instructions. Pour each dye into a plastic bowl.
3. Fill water cup and have ready on work table with dye bowls.
4. Starting in the center of scarf, use large paintbrush to brush Orange dye down center, blending outward on each side. Brush on more water or dye as needed to achieve blended effect.
5. Rinse brush and refill water cup with fresh water. Starting at one end of scarf, brush on brown dye, adding more water or dye as needed to blend towards Orange dyed section.
6. Repeat above step on other end of scarf with Green dye.
7. Allow scarf to set for time recommended in package instructions or overnight.
8. Rinse scarf under cool running water to remove excess dye, then wash and allow to air dry.