Thumbprint Candy Melts Christmas Cookies
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® foodcrafting supplies:Thumbprint Cookies Recipe (see below)Small Cookie ScoopPearlized Sugar: Emerald, RubyWhite Sparkling SugarChristmas 6-Mix Sprinkle Assortment (nonpareils used)Perfect Results® 15-1/4'x10-1/4' Medium Cookie PanCookie Spatula3-Pc. Stackable Cooling GridCandy Melts® Candy (1 pc. ea. per cookie): Red, Dark Green, WhiteLight Cocoa (2 oz. needed)Parchment Paper12' Disposable Decorating Bags
- Small bowls
- Food-safe scissors
1. Prepare cookie dough following recipe directions. Use cookie scoop to scoop cookie dough, making sure dough is level in scoop. Release dough from scoop and use hands to shape into 1' balls.
2. Pour sugars and sprinkles in separate bowls. Roll cookie balls into sugars or sprinkles, if desired. Place cookie balls on cookie pan and use finger to make indentation in each ball.
3. Bake cookies following recipe directions. Remove from oven and position one Candy Melts candy piece in each indentation. Use spatula to transfer to cooling grid, and allow cookies to cool.
4. Decorate cookies with melted candy. Place cooled cookies on parchment paper-lined cookie pan. Melt light cocoa Candy Melts candy according to package directions, and use melted light cocoa candy in cut disposable decorating bag to drizzle cookies. Allow to set 5 to 10 minutes.
Wilton Thumbprint Cookies
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/4 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon Wilton Clear Vanilla Extract
Wilton Candy Melts® Candy
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In medium bowl, combine flour, walnuts and salt. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour mixture; mix well. Shape dough into 1" balls. Place on cookie sheet and make indentation in ball with finger.
Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove cookies from cookie sheet to cooling grid; immediately position with one Candy Melts candy piece in each indentation. Cool completely.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.