Tie Dye Crumple Tie Dye Technique T-shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye
- T-shirt, white 100% cotton
- Plastic tablecloth
- Paper Towels
- Wash t-shirt to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener. Do not dry.
- Protect work surface with plastic table cover.
- Place damp T-shirt on protected work surface.
- Using your fingertips, scrunch T-shirt together. Optional: apply rubber bands around mound of fabric.
- Wearing gloves from dye kit, mix dye as instructed on package.
- Randomly squeeze dye onto T-shirt.
- Apply desired amount of dye. Carefully flip crumpled fabric over and add dye to backside.
- Wrap T-shirt in plastic table cover and let set for 6-8 hours.
- Rinse well with water until excess dye is removed. Fill washer to “large load” setting with hottest water suitable for fabric and a small amount of laundry soap. Wash and dry separately.