SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- White cotton T-shirt, size L (pre-washed)
- Tie-dye kit (includes dye, gloves, rubberbands, dye container)
- Paper towels
- Drying rack
- Fabric tape or sewing machine (optional)
- Washer & dryer
1. Follow instructions on tie-dye package for creating the tie dye pattern preferred.
2. Follow instructions on tie-dye package for dying, washing and drying.
3. Once tie dye process has been completed, lay shirt out flat.
4. Cut shirt from bottom of armpit up to the collar at an angle. Use a ruler to create a straight line. Cut from both the front and back of shirt.
5. Cut around the collar from both the front and back of shirt.
6. At this point, the halter can be finished.
7. If a more fitted look is desired, try the shirt on inside out and pin the sides so it is not so loose.
8. Lay shirt out flat and use fabric tape or a sewing machine to close up the sides where pinned.
9. Try the shirt on again, to make sure it fits, before cutting excess fabric.