Tie Dye Heart Tie Dye Technique T-shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye
- T-shirt, white 100% cotton
- Plastic tablecloth
- Paper Towels
- Prewash T-shirt without fabric softener. Do not dry.
- Protect work surface with plastic table cover.
- Place damp T-shirt on protected work surface.
- Fold damp shirt in half, then outline heart shape using washable marker.
- Tightly pleat fabric along marker line.
- Use a rubber band to bind pleated fabric tightly around marker line.
- Bind fabric with additional rubber bands two more times to create 4 sections.
- Wearing rubber gloves, add water to all dye bottles to lines indicated on bottles. Replace caps tightly and shake until dye is dissolved. Squeeze Turquoise dye onto first rubber banded section, then Fuchsia onto second section next to Turquoise.
- Squeeze Orange colors between rubber bands and Yellow to remaining areas of shirt.
- Wrap T-shirt in plastic table cover and let set for 6-8 hours.
- Rinse well with water until excess dye is removed. Cut rubber bands. Fill washer to “large load” setting with hottest water suitable for fabric and a small amount of laundry soap. Wash and dry separately.