Tie Dye Technique Stripe T-shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye
- T-shirt, white 100% cotton
- Plastic tablecloth
- Paper Towels
- Wash T-shirt to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener. Do not dry.
- Cover work surface with plastic. Lay damp shirt out flat on prepared surface, smooth flat with hands.
- Pleat and fold fabric either vertically or horizontally.
- Use rubber bands to secure pleated fabric, evenly spacing rubber bands and adding as many as desired.
- Wearing rubber gloves, add water to all dye bottles to lines indicated on bottles. Replace caps tightly and shake until dye is dissolved.
- Apply dye to each banded section, alternating colors if desired.
- Cover shirt with plastic table cover and let set 6-8 hours.
- Rinse well with water until excess dye is removed. Fill washer to “large load” setting with hottest water suitable for fabric and a small amount of laundry soap. Wash and dry separately.