Tie Dye Technique Watercolor T-shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye
- T-shirt, white 100% cotton
- Plastic tablecloth
- Paper Towels
- Paintbrush (2)
- Bowls (2)
- Optional; freezer paper
- Wash T-shirt to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener. Do not dry.
- Cover work surface with plastic. Lay damp shirt out flat on prepared surface, smooth flat with hands. If you don’t want dye seeping through insert freezer paper (shiny side up) between layers of shirt.
- Wearing plastic gloves from kit, fill dye bottles with water to lines indicated. Replace caps then shake until thoroughly mixed. Pour dye into bowls.
- Dip brush into bowl. Apply Dye to shirt with paintbrush in random pattern.
- Apply second color of dye.
- Cover shirt with plastic table cover and let set 6-8 hours.
- Rinse well with water until excess dye is removed. Fill washer to “large load” setting with hottest water suitable for fabric and a small amount of laundry soap. Wash and dry separately.