SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/2 yd chiffon
- 1/2 yd satin
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Sharpie fabric markers
- Ranger dyes Alcohol Blending Solution
- Elastic bands
- Craft gloves
- Plastic sheet, re-used plastic bag
DIRECTIONS: Seam allowance is 1/4".
- Cut two 58" pieces of each fabric, or desired length.
- Scrunch each piece up, and tie with elastics in different areas.
- Use Sharpie markers to color areas where the elastic bands are tied. Do this for both pieces of fabric.
- Put on craft gloves. Stand over a sink. Spray Alcohol Blending Solution onto fabric. Colors will run off. Dilute colors further by adding more solution. Do this for both pieces of fabric. Allow to dry on plastic sheet.
- Once dry, cut the elastics to display the tie-dyed pattern. Rinse fabric under cold water to remove any excess alcohol blending solution.
- Heat set the fabrics using an iron on the appropriate setting.
- With the wrong sides together, sew the two fabrics together. Leave 1-1/2" to turn. Turn right side out and slipstitch opening. Stitch around outer edge to complete scarf.