SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- One large wooden birdhouse
- Fine grit sandpaper
- Paper towels
- Wood primer/base coat
- Utility paint brush or foam craft brush
- Variety sized paintbrushes for design pattern
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Piece of drift wood
- Thin wooden dowel
- Water container
- Handsaw for cutting
- Acrylic paints
1. Sand any rough areas of the birdhouse with fine grit sandpaper. Dust clean with paper towels to remove shavings and dust.
2. Prime with wood primer. Allow to dry.
3. Paint roof of hut with blended colors matching raffia color.
4. Paint 2-3 coats of desired ground color on hut. Allow paint to dry thoroughly between coats.
5. Paint on flower & leaves of choice in desired colors of acrylic paint. Pattern will need 2 coats. Allow to dry between coats.
6. When dry, bunch raffia and cut into 16" strips.
7. Apply a small dab of hot glue on top seem of roof. Quickly take 4-5 pieces of cut raffia and place over seam of roof adhering to glue.
8. Repeat in small sections until roof is covered and desired thickness of roof is achieved.
9. Secure random areas under raffia with glue gun to roof.
10. Trim bottom ends of raffia evenly with scissors.
11. Create Tiki sign by lettering with paint on a piece of driftwood. Allow to dry.
12. Cut dowel to desired length for Tiki sign.
13. Glue dowel to driftwood .
14. Secure Tiki sign to hut with glue gun.