Tim Holtz Clock And Card
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- From the Tim Holtz Collection:
- Silver metal Assemblage clock
- Time piece clock faces
- Alpha tiles chipboard
- Locket keys
- Word Keys
- Papercraft twine
- Spray stains- brown, purple
- Stamped inks- gold yellow, purple/burgundy, moss green
- Typewriter keys
- Silver metallic corner photo mounts
- Pad of Ideaology® Lost & Found paper stash
- Small piece of foamcore 8" x 11"
- X-Acto® knife
- Cutting surface
- Metal ruler
- E6000 glue
- Take apart the Assemblage clock and paint all surfaces, first layer with the golden yellow. Allow to dry and then paint the next layer with the purple/burgundy.
- Sand between layers or after both layers have been painted to give it a distressed look.
- Lightly paint again any areas where sanding may have gone down to the silver and allow it to dry.
- To make the design so that it is not so deep into the clock, cut two pieces of foamcore in a 2-1/2" circle and glue the two pieces together.
- Cut another piece of foamcore the size of the opening of the clock. This will be the surface for the design of the face of the clock.
- Glue this layer to the 2-stacked foamcore piece.
- On the surface, design the layout using the paper stack of Lost & Found and the embellishments.
- Glue all layers and embellishments in place.
- Reassemble the clock without the glass, inserting the stack of foamcore with the top piece designed.
- Using the stack of Ideology Lost & Found to create cards, select one piece for the base of your card.
- Decide the size of the card and lightly score the fold with the X-Acto® knife so that it folds nicely.
- Apply embellishments and alcohol inks to the surface to create a theme or to give it an aged look. Glue items on the cardstock with E6000 glue. Allow to dry before use.