Note: 1/4" seam allowance used throughout
1. Cut Eclectic Elements fabric into short strips 2"-4" wide. Cut a few different widths for each print.
2. Use the block that will have the word on it as the starting point and stitch fabric strips together, working out from that block. Either center the block or make it off center.
3. Continue adding strips till the piece is approximately 12"x15". Press seams flat.
4. Layer batting and quilt top, right side up, together. Quilt as desired.
5. Iron Heat’n Bond® to small pieces of felt.
6. Use Sizzix® Alterations Block Talk and Mini Hearts to cut out letters and heart.
7. Iron letters onto patchwork top in desired block.
8. Using two-strands of the embroidery floss, sew buttons and leaves beside word.
9. Iron heart next to word. Top stitch with embroidery floss.
10. Cut a piece of Eclectic Elements fabric approximately 1"-2” larger than the quilt top than the quilt top. Example: if quilt top is 12"x15", the backing should be 14"x17".
11. Lay quilt top, wrong side down, on top of backing. Pin into place. Roll or fold the edges of fabric onto front side to form binding.
12. Stitch binding in place with machine or by hand.
Finished Size 12"x15"
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >