Tim Holtz Fabric Wall Hanging
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Approx. 1/2 yd each of 6 Tim Holtz fabrics
- 1/4 yd each solid cotton fabric in white, tan & brown
- 2 yds of backing/binding fabric
- Low-loft batting – 45" x 60"
- Rotary cutter, ruler & mat
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
- Keys, keyholes, buttons, etc. from Tim Holtz paper Crafting Department
- Assorted amounts of accent fabrics & lace as desired
Finished Size : 40" x 57"
- Note: This quilt is designed for experienced quilters as they add their own creativity to the design. Charts and sizes are designed as a rough guide.
- To print the layout, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above). Follow the layout schematic to determine which fabric will go in each area.
- Follow the cutting sizes in the Quilt Block Layout Dimensions chart to cut the fabrics for each space. For the checker portion and the brown pipe like shapes running through the design that needs to be determined as the portions are sewn together.
- Lay out the backing wrong side down with the batting on top. Lay the top on top and baste the layers together.
- Quilt as desired.
- Square up the quilt.
- Cut the binding fabric into 2-1/2" strips. Sew the strips end to end to make one long strip and bind in desired method.
- Add embellishing features with keys, buttons, etc.