Time for Jeans Clock
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip paints:
- Fashion Spray: Neon Pink
- Soft Matte Paints :Sunshine Yellow, Turquoise,
- Glacier White
- Clock works with 3/4" stem
- Craft knife
- Large sheets scrap paper
- Aleene's Fabric Fusion crafting adhesives
- Marker or pen
- Old (vinyl) LP record
- Denim scraps
Read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to PDF/photo for color and design placement.
- Practice spraying or applying paints on scrap pieces of denim to determine saturation desired.
- Make pattern by placing record on scrap paper & tracing around it with marker or pen. Mark & cut out 4" circle in center using template or object with the same diameter. Divide and mark circular pattern into 6 pieces of varying sizes. Cut the pieces apart.
- 2. Place each pattern piece on a denim section. Cut out denim pieces, allowing additional 1/4 - 1/2" seam allowance on all edges except the small curved edge that fits around the center label area of the record.
- Place pieces together to determine fit, adjusting as needed. Pieces should overlap along the straight edges.
- Using craft knife fray the straight overlapping edges of each piece. Position pieces on record and glue together along overlapping edges using Aleene's Fabric Fusion crafting adhesive.
- Spray Tulip Fashion Spray randomly over areas of the light-colored denim sections. Pour small puddles of the Soft Matte Paintsonto foil. Dip end of paintbrush into each color & flick paint over denim pieces randomly.
- Cut metal buttons, zippers, small pockets, tabs and labels from remaining denim remnants. Refer to photo. Glue 4 or more buttons around outside of the record label in standard clock number positions. Randomly glue additional cutout items from the denim.
- Fray edges along outside of record & trim.
- Insert clock stem and fixture per manufacturer's instructions.