Tin Bucket Garden
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Galvanized tin buckets: 12" French, 5" oval, 5" & 7"
- Clay pots: 2 each 3", 5"
- Floral foam
- Faux flowers:
- Nine Pink Snapdragon sprays
- Twelve 22" Pink Peony sprays
- Fourteen 23-1/2" Yellow Tulips
- Eighteen 17-1/2" Pink Tulips
- Ten 31" Yellow Pompom sprays
- Eight 25" Yellow Wild Daisy sprays
- Sharp knife
- Wire cutters
Refer to PDF/photo often for help in placement of all floral materials.
- Fill all containers with floral foam for a tight fit up too 1/2" below the top of each container.
- All the containers are filled with flowers using the same technique.
- Establish the height by placing the flower stem in the center. Cut the stem to desired height and place in the center of container. Measure the stem below the tallest flower to use as reference for cutting the other stems.
- Some of the lower leaves on stems that would go into the foam need to be removed. Save these leaves to fill in vacant spaces and cover any exposed floral foam.
- Start filling in the flowers working from the center to the edge of container cutting each row of stems just slightly shorter than the row before.
- Try to distribute the flowers evenly throughout the design.
- Note: Some tulips stems need to be cut just above the leaves to shorten them. Insert the leaves and place the tulip right next to them.