Tips and Tricks of Sewing with Home Décor Fabric
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Home decor fabric (see pattern for amount)
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
- Simplicity® S1633
Here are some tips and tricks for sewing home decor fabric:
- Add new colors in the room – light for summer, darker for winter. In neutral color room add light blue or green accessories for a cool spa feel. For winter, add burgundy and dark orange accessories to warm it up.
- Throws, pillows and accessories are quick change items that can make a big difference in a room’s appearance.
- Pillows - For a lighter, summer look use light color sheer fabric that goes with existing pillows to make a cover for the pillow. Cut fabric slightly narrower than width of pillow and length to go around pillow and have a 3" overlap. Press under long edges of the fabric 1/4", press, turn under 1/4" again and press. Do the same on the short edges Wrap around pillow and pin together where ends overlap.
- New pillow cases in bright colors to change any setting. Get extra pillows out of storage , make pillowcases and pile around the home.