SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- June Tailor Inkjet Printer Fabric Sheets, Washable Colorfast
- 1/4 yd cotton fabrics in solid colors
- Fat Quarters pre-cut cotton fabrics
- 1 yd medium-weight fusible interfacing
- 1/2 yd Warm & Natural batting
- 1 yd HeatnBond Lite fusible adhesive
- 2 yds 3/8" ribbon
- 12 grommets & setter
- Rotary Cutter, straight blade & decorative zigzag blade or scissors & pinking shears
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
- Use computer and June Tailor Inkjet Printer Fabric Sheets. Follow manufactures directions to print shape names onto fabric sheets in block style font. "CIRCLE, SQUARE, HEART, DIAMOND, TRIANGLE." TIP: print onto regular paper first to gauge proper size & color.
- Remove backing from fabric sheets and fuse HeatnBond Lite adhesive to back.
- Cut shape name out using zigzag rotary cutter blade. Set aside.
- Cut 2 each of various solid colors: 8"x8", 8"x8-1/2", 8"x9", 8"x91/2", 8"x10", 8"x10-1/2" for pages.
- Cut interfacing 1" smaller than each piece of fabric.
- Cut Warm & Natural batting into 8"x8", 8"x8-1/2", 8"x9", 8"x91/2", 8"x10", 8"x10-1/2" pieces. Trim corners.
- Cut six 2" pieces of ribbon for tabs.
- For shapes fuse HeatnBond Lite adhesive paper to wrong side of printed fabric. Draw shape onto paper side of HeatnBond Lite. Cut 1 big shape for each page and a few small shapes for name page.
BEFORE SEWING: Lay cut-out pages and shapes in desired order. Keep pages in matching order.
SEWING & ASSEMBLING BOOK:
- Fuse interfacing to wrong side of each solid-colored page; center and leave 1/2" around edges.
- Remove paper. Position large shapes onto right sides of solid fabrics. Fuse in place. Machine-applique shapes with tight zigzag or satin stitch.
- On opposite page, fuse shape name. Machine applique using straight stitch in coordinating color.
- Fuse smaller shapes onto name page and machine applique.
- For tabs fold each piece of ribbon in half and baste to outside edge of shape page. Measure down 1-1/2" from top of first page, 2-1/2" from top of second page, continuing down 1" for each page.
- Baste Warm & Natural batting to wrong side of large shape page. Right sides together, stitch corresponding page to shape page, leaving an opening in left side for turning.
- Trim Warm & Natural batting close to stitching. Clip corners and turn right side out.
- Press page and slip stitch opening closed. Top stitch 1/2" from edges.
- When pages are finished, follow manufacturer's directions for setting grommets.
- Cut remaining ribbon in half, thread through grommets and tie in a bow. Trim.
back to top
What a charming gift! Colorfast and washable, this toddler fabric book will remain colorful and clean despite drool or sticky little hands!