SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/4 yd fabric: turkey body
- 1/4 yd each of 3 fabrics for tail
- Scrap fabric or felt: yellow & orange for beak, wattle
- 1/2 yd batting
- Polyester stuffing
- HeatnBond® adhesive
- 7mm eyes
- Fabric glue
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Olfa® compass
1. RS together, trace body onto fabric. Stitch around traced line. Cut out, with 1/4" seam allowance.
2. Make a small slit in back for turning; do not cut through front of body.
3. Turn and stuff body. Stitch opening closed.
4. Cut two waddles & beaks. Fuse with HeatnBond®. Stitch onto head of turkey.
5. Glue eyes above beak.
6. Cut out one each: 14", 16" & 18" diameter circles from batting and tail fabric.
7. Place batting on WS of fabric circles, gather around outside of circle. Pull gathers tight and knot.
8. Glue the circles, smallest to largest, to back of turkey with the openings toward the body.
Tom Turkey is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 1 out of 5 by CHRISSI from TOM TURKEY NO PATTERN STILL? I AM SURE I CAN MAKE MY OWN PATTERN BUT VERY DISAPPOINTING THAT THERE WASN'T ONE WITH THE DIRECTIONS TO DOWNLOAD.
Date published: 2011-09-01
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anne from Tom turkey I too had to trace the body and make my own pattern. I found it easier not to add the batting for the circles and to glue a small square of cardboard on the bottom of the turkey to help him stand up better...doesn't even show. Fun and easy pattern!
Date published: 2010-10-01
Rated 0 out of 5 by Marianne from Tom Turkey I really want to make this project. However, the directions do not include the pattern for the body. Can you email the body pattern or add it to the online directions?
Date published: 2010-08-25
Rated 2 out of 5 by Susan from Tom Turkey Very Cute! Love the large YO YOS the project sheet is missing the pattern for the Turkey it says to trace body onto fabric this was very disappointing it was very hard to figure out what size body to make.
Date published: 2010-08-23
Customers Who Viewed this Product, Also Viewed these Products