SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/4 yd fabric: turkey body
- 1/4 yd each of 3 fabrics for tail
- Scrap fabric or felt: yellow & orange for beak, wattle
- 1/2 yd batting
- Polyester stuffing
- HeatnBond® adhesive
- 7mm eyes
- Fabric glue
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Olfa® compass
1. RS together, trace body onto fabric. Stitch around traced line. Cut out, with 1/4" seam allowance.
2. Make a small slit in back for turning; do not cut through front of body.
3. Turn and stuff body. Stitch opening closed.
4. Cut two waddles & beaks. Fuse with HeatnBond®. Stitch onto head of turkey.
5. Glue eyes above beak.
6. Cut out one each: 14", 16" & 18" diameter circles from batting and tail fabric.
7. Place batting on WS of fabric circles, gather around outside of circle. Pull gathers tight and knot.
8. Glue the circles, smallest to largest, to back of turkey with the openings toward the body.