TONAL EASY COLORBLOCK SCARF
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lion Brand® Wool-Ease® Tonal, 1 ball each: Lapis (A), Night Sky (B), Vermillion (C), Grey Marble (D), Buttercup (E) or colors of choice
- Lion Brand® knitting needles size 10.5 (6.5 mm)
- Lion Brand® stitch markers
- Lion Brand® large-eyed blunt needle
- About 17" x 82" (43 x 208.5 cm)
- 12 sts = about 4" (10 cm) in St st (k on RS, p on WS).
- BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
- STITCH EXPLANATION:
- K1, p1 Rib (worked over a multiple of 2 sts)
- Row 1: *K1, p1; rep from * to end of row.
- Row 2: K the knit sts and p the purl sts.
- Rep Row 2 for K1, p1 Rib.
- Scarf is worked in St st (k on RS, p on WS) with ribbed edges.
- The first stitch of every row is slipped as if to purl – this makes neat side edges on the Scarf. On RS rows, slip with yarn in back and on WS rows slip with yarn in front.
- Edges of the Scarf will have a tendency to roll slightly. To help eliminate this rolling, just block the finished Scarf following the simple instructions under Finishing.
- With A, cast on 54 sts.
- Row 1 (RS): Work Row 1 of K1, p1 Rib across.
- Row 2: Sl the first st, then work in K1, p1 Rib to end of row.
- Row 3: Sl 1, work in rib over next 3 sts (for side border), place marker (pm), knit to last 4 sts, pm, work in rib to end of row (for side border).
- Row 4: Sl 1, work in rib to marker, slip marker (sm), work in St st (k on RS, p on WS) to next marker, sm, work in rib to end of row.
- Rep Row 4 until you have used almost all of A yarn, end with a WS row as the last row you work.
- Change to B.
- With B, rep Row 4 until almost all of B has been used. End with a WS row as the last row worked.
- Change to C.
- With C, rep Row 4 until almost of all of C has been used. End with a WS row as the last row worked.
- Change to D.
- With D, rep Row 4 until almost of all of D has been used. End with a WS row as the last row worked.
- Change to E.
- With E, rep Row 4 until the E section of the Scarf measures about 15" (38 cm), end with a WS row as the last row worked.
- Next 2 Rows: Sl the first st, then work in K1, p1 Rib to end of row.
- Bind off in rib.
- Weave in ends.
- Blocking (optional) Lay a thick towel onto a flat surface, then lay Scarf onto towel. Fold the Scarf horizontally if necessary. With a spray bottle, mist Scarf with water, then gently smooth Scarf out, flattening the edges. If you’ve folded the Scarf, do not flatten the fold.
- Allow Scarf to dry before lifting it from towel.
- k = knit
- p = purl
- rep = repeat
- RS = right side
- sl = slip
- st(s) = stitch(es)
- St st = Stockinette stitch
- WS = wrong side