TONAL THREE COLOR TONAL COWL
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lion Brand® Wool-Ease® Tonal, 1 ball each: Royal Blue (A), Lapis (B), Denim (C) or colors of choice
- Lion Brand® crochet hook size N-13 (9 mm)
- Lion Brand® large-eyed blunt needle
- Tape measure
- Finished Circumference About 42" (106.5 cm)
- Finished Height About 19" (48 cm)
- 7 sts = about 4" (10 cm).
- BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
- Cowl is worked in one piece in joined and turned rounds.
- To change color, work last stitch of old color to last yarn over. Yarn over with new color and draw through all loops to complete the stitch. Fasten off old color.
- With A, ch 74.
- Join with sl st in first ch to make a ring, being careful not to twist.
- Rnd 1: Ch 3 (counts as first dc), dc in each ch around; join with sl st in top of beg ch – you will have 74 dc at the end of Rnd 1.
- Rnd 2: Ch 4 (counts as first dc and ch-sp), turn, *sk next st, dc in next st, ch 1; rep from * around; join with sl st in 3rd ch of beg ch – 37 dc and 37 ch-sp.
- Rnd 3: Ch 3 (counts as first dc), turn, dc in each dc and ch-sp around; join with sl st in top of beg ch – 74 dc.
- Rnds 4-7: Rep Rnds 2 and 3 twice.
- Rnd 8: Rep Rnd 2, changing to B in last st.
- Rnd 9: With B, rep Rnd 3.
- Rnds 10-15: With B, rep Rnds 2 and 3 three times.
- Rnd 16: With B, rep Rnd 2, changing to C in last st.
- Rnds 17-24: With C, rep Rnds 9-16.
- Fasten off.
- Weave in ends.
- beg = begin(ning)
- ch = chain
- ch-sp = chain space previously made
- dc = double crochet
- rep = repeat
- rnd(s) = round(s)
- sk = skip
- sl st = slip stitch
- st(s) = stitch(es)