Tote Bag with Trim Handles
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3/4 yard canvas
- 5-1/2 yards of 1/2" wide trim for handles
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
Front & Back: two 12-1/2"x16"
Sides & bottom: one 6"x43-1/2"
1. Draw line 2-1/2" in from each side on front & back.
2. Cut trim length in half lengthwise. Place lengths side by side and stitch together down center with a zig-zag stitch. Cut sewn trim in half.
3. Place trim along the side lines of the front & back. Stitch in place, stopping 3" from top of bag. Reinforce corners of side/bottom piece with stay stitching to align with corners.
4. Stitch front to side/bottom while clipping and pivoting at corners. Repeat with back piece. Finish seams with zig-zag or overlock stitch Press seams toward sides.
5. Fold down top 1/2" and then 1". Stitch close to fold.
6. Finish stitching straps up to the top of bag.