Travel-Theme Mini Album
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 5"x7" Mini Album
- Jolee's Stickers: Australia, Backpacks, Passport/Map, Kimono, Chinese Scroll, San Francisco
- Assorted solid and printed scrapbook papers, cardstock and mulberry paper
- 1 yd of 1/8" ribbon to replace what comes with album
- Remove black ribbon from front half of mini album. Open folded book front to lay flat. Cut a 3" square of paper or photo and glue to backside edges of opening in album front. Refold album front and rethread black ribbon to original position or replace ribbon with a new color.
- Arrange stickers on cover, determining placement.
- To provide added interest as in the San Francisco Album, use the decorative edge scissors to cut shapes to go under some stickers. The extra "matting" helps the stickers stand out if they blend into the background too much or need to be framed to appear larger.
- Torn paper gives the sense of sky and ground in the Australia Album. The torn paper provides soft shapes to help pull the individual stickers together to make a cohesive design.
- To make Japanese fan on the Japan Album, trace pattern onto mulberry paper. Out of tan paper, cut 10 narrow strips 1/16" wide. Arrange and attach these (as illustrated) with glue stick. These are the "ribs" of the fan. Draw a small black dot at the point where the ribs meet each other. Attach cherry blossoms and branch to center of fan. Set aside.
- Stamp designed scrapbook paper was used for the cut out stamps in several albums.
- When the design pieces are positioned, adhere the paper with glue stick or adhesive tabs and the stickers for a finished album.