Tray Tres Chic
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Interior/Exterior Flat White, Blue Ocean Breeze& Gold Metallic spray paints
- 18K Gold Leafing Pen
- Unfinished wooden tray
- Stencil designs
- Permanent marker, black
- Newspaper or construction paper
- Painter's tape
- Spray entire wooden tray with Flat White to prime the surface, provide a good base & smooth imperfections.
- Spray base/flat part of the tray lightly with Blue Ocean Breeze. Keep layers thin and allow to dry thoroughly. Re-spray lightly, letting tray dry between coats. Repeat process until evenly coated base is achieved. Spray lightly and keep the can moving. Allow to dry.
- Before spraying the sides of the tray, cover the base by cutting a piece of newspaper or construction paper the size of the tray base. Tape off the edges with painter's tape, flush with each side to create a clean line between the blue and the gold when painting the sides.
- Spray the entire rim of the tray, inside and out, with Gold Metallic. Allow to dry.
- Use the stencil and lightly trace out the design. Remove the stencil and fill the design with the 18K Gold Leafing Pen to create the design on the flat part of the tray.
- To add more dimension to the gold, create a shadow by tracing a thin line along the bottom edge of each shape with black permanent marker.