Tree Advent Calendar
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
1/2 yd each: white, green
1/8 yd each, light blue, bright blue
- 1 1/2 yds snowflake trim
- 25 Velcro® hook & loop fastener dots
- Glittering Silver Tulip® Scribbles® Fashion Writer Paint
- Batting remnant
- Disappearing marker
- Fabri-Tac® glue
- 1/2" dowel rod
- 1 1/4 yds fur trim
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
1. Cut white felt 14"x20" for the background. Fold down top edge 1 1/2". Edge stitch to form rod pocket.
2. Cut tree pattern from green felt and glue to center of backing.
3. Cut 24 two-inch circles from light blue felt & 26 two-inch circles from bright blue felt. Cut twenty-five 1 1/2"
circles from batting. Use two thicknesses if needed.
4. Put the batting between 2 circles. Zigzag stitch around the edges. Repeat for all circles to form disks.
5. Use Scribbles® Fashion Writer Paints to draw on the numbers 1 to 25. Allow paint to dry thoroughly.
6. Cut snowflakes from trim. Glue in place on disks. Glue loopy side of Velcro® dot to back of disks.
7. Fuse ribbon from trim to tree as a garland shape.
8. Place disks on tree to determine placement of fuzzy side of Velcro® dots. Glue in place.
Sticky-back dots should be glued in place.
9. Hand stitch fur trim 1 row to top and 2 rows to bottom of panel.