Trendy T-Shirt Necklace
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Silver jewelry wire, 1 pkg each: 16-gauge, 28-gauge
- Needle-nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- 1 pkg medium cable chain
- 1 pkg fancy cable chain
- 1 pkg silvertone wire-wrapped donut
- 1 strand plastic knot beads
- 1 strand smaller metal beads
- 2 cotton T-shirts without side seams
- Rotary cutter, mat & ruler
- Wash and dry T-shirts.
- Lay shirts on working surface to smooth out all wrinkles. Cut off bottom hems and discard.
- Starting at bottom, cut strips of various sizes across the T-shirts, ranging from 1/2" to 1" wide.
- Take one strip and pull gently, so strip folds in on itself, creating a tube. Repeat with all strips.
- Cut 10" pieces of jewelry wire. String on knot beads leaving 1/2" free at each end. Use needle-nose pliers to bend wire ends, creating hooks for placement of T-shirt tubes and jewelry chains.
- Hang small silver chain from the hooks, cut to desired length.
- Place beads on the T-shirt tubes, laying different lengths. Tie knots into occasional tubes for texture and to hold beads in place on several.
- Hang tubes on hooks, doubling the length if desired.
- Hang large silver chain from the hooks, threading on a wire-wrapped donut in 2-4 places.
- Using needle-nose pliers, wrap hook closed and thread end of wire into last bead.
Option: Layer more tubes under necklace.