Trendy Toes Scarf Sandals
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Fabric Tie-Dye Kit®: Carousel
- Two 100% natural fiber long scarves
- Flip flops
- Disposable plastic table cover
- Wood beads: Assorted
- Plastic cups or resealable plastic bags
- Polyurethane spray sealer
- Washer & dryer
Work on a covered work space.
1. Wash scarves & leave damp. Crunch scarves into a random bundle; secure with rubber bands.
2. Mix dyes following package instructions. Colors shown in photo: Teal, Royal Blue, Fuchsia & Purple.
3. Apply dyes randomly to scrunched scarves & cover with plastic. Allow to set 6-8 hours.
4. Rinse scarves to remove excess dye. Wash & dry according to fabric requirements.
5. Put wood beads into a plastic cup or plastic bag. Pour leftover dye over beads. Allow beads to set 10 minutes or longer, removing them from dye when desired color is achieved.
6. Rinse beads under running water. Allow to dry completely. Spray beads with sealer.
7. String beads on scarves as desired. Tie onto flip-flop strap at center point of scarf. Wrap scarves around flip-flop straps.