SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3/4 yd each of 13 coordinating quilt fabrics
- 5/8 yd quilt fabric for binding
- 5 yds quilt fabric for backing
- 81" x 96" batting
- Template plastic to make template
- Rotary cutter, ruler & mat
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
- Sewing machine
Quilt size 70"x94"
- Cut three strips 8-1/2" x WOF from each of the 3/4 yd. pieces.
- Make a template from plastic following pattern. To print the patterns, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above).
- Using template cut 288 triangles from the strips.
- Sew 24 triangles together in strips as shown in Diagram A. Make 12 strips.
- Press each triangle strip in opposite direction for easy nesting when sewing.
- Sew rows together.
- Trim sides as shown in Diagram B.
- Sandwich the backing, batting and top and quilt as desired.
- Trim and sew on binding.
Use 1/4" seam throughout.