SupplieS & ToolS:
Tulip Soft Matte Fabric Paint: Glacier White, Sunshine Yellow, Crimson Red, Turquoise, Grape
Tulip Fashion Glitter 24 Pack
Aleenes OK To Wash-It
Black fitted T-shirt
Wood bead(s) of choice
Foam plate or aluminum foil, for palette
Iron & ironing surface
No. 6 round paintbrush
Shirt board or piece of cardboard
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
1. Use pencil to trace provided necklace outline onto freezer paper. Cut out neckline pat ern and discard, iron the rest
of the freezer paper to make a stencil on the shirt.
2. Position freezer paper template onto neckline and iron onto T-shirt.
3. Place shirt board or cardboard between layers of T-shirt.
4. Pour puddle of Glacier White paint on palette. Sponge paint lightly into necklace stencil. Let dry. Repeat with a
second light coat of sponged Glacier White and let dry. Remove freezer paper stencil.
5. Trace necklace pattern onto tracing paper. Pencil over design on the reverse side of tracing. Turn right side up,
position on top of white painted necklace and pencil over design to transfer pattern.
6. Pour smal puddle of Sunshine Yel ow paint on palet e. Use paintbrush to paint a thin yel ow strip at top and
bottom of design as well as the inverted V shapes. Let dry.
7. Alternate Turquoise and Crimson Red paint in the squares below the top yellow strip.
8. Paint Grape in the remaining triangle spaces. Let dry.
9. Using end of brush handle or a pencil eraser, dip into Crimson Red paint and make dots inside the yel ow
inverted V shapes.
10. Paint 1/4" squares of Turquoise paint along the bottom yellow border. Let dry.
more projects, tips & techniques at JOANN.com
11. In the larger, inverted purple triangles, use Aleenes OK To Wash-It and draw a thin V shape using the glue tip.
Sprinkle with purple glitter while wet. Let dry.
12. Draw thin circles using the glue tip in the turquoise sections at the top and sprinkle with turquoise glitter. Let dry.
13. In the red squares, draw smaller squares with glue and sprinkle with red glitter. Let dry.
14. In the red dots, add a dot of glue and sprinkle red glitter on top. Let dry.
15. In the small turquoise squares at the bottom, add a dot of glue and sprinkle turquoise glitter on top. Let dry.
16. Brush off all excess glitter.
17. Thread jute twine through wood bead(s); knot as desired. Cut a 4"-5" length and knot top. Stitch to T-shirt just
below the glittered neckpiece.
Created by iLoveToCreate
Skill Level 2: Some Experience Necessary
Approximate Crafting Time: 4 hours
Please read and follow all manufacturers instructions for all tools and materials used.
Provide adult supervision if children participate in this project.
2012 JOANN Stores, Inc.