Trick or Treat Stackable Blocks
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wood blocks (3)
- Paint: black, orange
- Old book with large type
- Mod Podge®
- 3/4" Paint brush
- Small detailing brush
- Paint dish pallet for mixing paint
Refer to photo for color placement and shading.
- Click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above) to download the patterns. Enlarge patterns.
- Sand edges and corners of blocks.
- Paint block sides and backs black.
- Paint fronts approximately 1/2" in from all edges.
- Cut out pages from book approximately 1/2" smaller than block fronts.
- With a clean brush, “paint” the edges of the paper with water.
- While the paper is still wet, and with a very wet brush, apply a small amount of orange to the edges of the paper allowing the paint to “bleed” into the paper. Allow paper to dry thoroughly.
- Use a thin coat of Mod Podge to glue pages to center of block fronts.
- Trace patterns onto block fronts.
- Paint words and designs black.
- Apply 2 or 3 coats of Mod Podge all over blocks.
Allow paint to dry thoroughly between each coat and color. Note: Two coats of paint may be needed.
Items in This Collection
Item # prd11432
Available for U.S. Shipping Only