Trim-Touched Denim Skirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Denim skirt
- Cluny lace
- Pink ruffled lace
- Dark blue ruffle
- Pink rick-rack
- Thread in colors of trims
- Basic sewing supplies
NOTE: For length of all lace and ruffle trims, measure hem of skirt and add 2". For length of rick-rack, measure hem of skirt and edges of front pockets and add 4".
- Pin the cluny lace around the skirt 1-1/4" above the hem, folding each end of the lace under 1". Sew in place.
- Pin the pink ruffled lace around the skirt along edge of hem, folding each end of the lace under 1". Sew in place.
- Pin dark blue ruffle around skirt, covering bottom edge of blue cluny lace. Fold each end of the ruffle under 1" and sew in place.
- Cut a section of the pink rick-rack the length of the skirt hem plus 2". Pin this section around the skirt on top of the dark blue ruffle as shown in photo. Fold each end of the rick-rack under 1" and sew in place.
- Cut the remaining section of pink rick-rack in half. Pin each section along the front pockets of the skirt 3/8" in from the pocket opening. Fold each end under 1/2" and sew in place.