Trinkets and Treaures Chandelier
- SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Round chandelier base
- 1 pkg Blue Moon® jewelry chain
- 12 red glass bicone beads
- Blue Moon® small silver charms
- 2 skeins DMC® black embroidery thread
- 12 headpins
- 2-oz bottle Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue®
- Needle-nose pliers
- 1/8 yd white cotton fabric
- 3 or 4 dozen assorted buttons
- Tulip® fabric-crafting products:
Fabric spray paint: several colors
3D Fashion Paint™: several colors
Neon Fabric Markers
Fashion Glitter, several colors
Clear Glam It Up® Crystals
- Small wood hearts
- Staz-On ink pad
- Rubber stamps, various designs
2 pkgs mini mirrors
- 1 yd narrow ribbon
- 3 pkgs round crystal beads
- 1 sheet glittered scrapbook paper
- 1 sheet patterned cardstock
- Optional, wood embroider hoop, handheld rotary tool
DIRECTIONS: Option: To make a round chandelier base, use rotary tool to punch holes around embroidery hoop.
1. Cut the cotton fabric into 4"x1" strips. Sort strips into groups. Spray paint with mixture of reds, blues & yellows. Allow to dry. Cut strips into squares or rectangles.
2. Decorate squares or rectangles with squeeze paint, markers, glitter and crystals.
3. Cut the papers into 1" squares, circles & rectangles.
4. Apply ink to rubber stamps and stamp the wood hearts.
5. Count the holes in the chandelier base or hoop. Cut a 20" strand of embroidery thread for each hole, skipping every 6th hole. Sort strands into even groups of three.
6. Start with the first group of 3 strands and mirrors. Thread one strand through one hole, so thread is doubled. Glue 3 or 4 pairs of mirrors back-to-back all the way down. Repeat with two more strands in other holes.
7. Take the next batch of three strands. Thread one hole, per prior step. Glue 3-4 pairs of fabric swatches all the way down. Repeat for two more strands.
8. Take the next 3 strands, insert into holes, one at a time. Glue pairs of gems all the down the strands. Repeat with the buttons & papers.
9. Cut jewelry chain into three 8" strands. Use needle-nose pliers to attach one strand to one of three holes. Attach charms and beads to the chains.
10. For another set of three holes, thread a strand of narrow ribbon through each one, doubled. Tie a knot at the top to secure.
11. Attach a crystal bead to the bottom of each strand. Clip excess thread.