Triple-Strand Pebbles Necklace
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Paper Jewelry Cord: Micro Twist Brown & Micro Twist Natural
- Wire, copper: 26-gauge & 20-gauge
- Semiprecious Stone Chips: tiger eye & jasper
- Assorted glass, copper spiral and gold spacer beads
- Crimp bead, copper
- Wire cutters
- Crimping pliers
- Measuring tape
- For bead unit: With wire cutters, cut 2" piece of 20-gauge wire. Bend loop at one end. Thread glass bead, spiral bead and glass bead. Bend loop at other end, trimming wire if needed. Make two bead units. Set aside.
- For longest strand (approx. 8" finished): Cut 15" tigertail. Thread crimping bead, *2 inches of Tiger Eye Stone Chips, small glass bead, larger glass bead, small glass bead*. Repeat from * three times and end with 2" of Stone Chips. Add crimping bead. Bring end of wire through loop of bead unit. Crimp to secure stringing wire. Repeat for opposite end using second bead unit.
- For middle strand (approx. 7" finished): Cut 12" tigertail. Thread crimping bead, *small glass bead, spiral bead, small glass bead, spacer bead*. Repeat from * 8 times. End with small glass bead, spiral bead, small glass bead and crimping bead. Attach strand to bead units.
- For shortest strand (approx. 6" finished): Cut 10" tigertail. Thread crimping bead, *small glass bead, 3 Jasper Stone Chips*. Repeat from * 12 times ending with small glass bead. Add crimping bead and attach strand to bead units.
- To finish: Cut a 36" piece of each Bella Corda. Thread through opposite loop of bead unit folding cords in half. With 4" piece of 26-gauge wire, wrap wire securely around the cords close to loop. Tuck ends under wraps. Use pliers to crimp the wire. Tie several knots along length of Bella Corda. Adjust to fit as desired. Repeat for other side.