Tropical Floral Banner
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Cardstock in a variety of colors
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- X-Acto® knife & blades
- String/yarn to hang
- Template (provided)
DIRECTIONS:To print the templates, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above). Leaves:
- Cut 5 or more of each leaf stencil from multiple shades of green paper; the more cut, the longer the banner.
- Cut one of stencil.
- Cut one small orange or yellow circle to fit in the middle of the flower.
- Glue to center.
Bird of Paradise:
- Cut 4 of stencil A out of orange paper.
- Cut 3 of stencil A out of yellow paper.
- Cut 1 of stencil B out of purple paper.
- Cut 2 of Stencil C out of green paper.
- Arrange orange and yellow pieces to overlap at the bottom and fan out toward the top; glue.
- Place purple piece to one side of the orange/yellow pieces, lining up bottom edges; glue.
- Stack assembly onto one green piece, offset by 1/2".
- Stack last green piece on top and glue all together.
- Cut 5 of stencil.
- Apply glue to right edge of one piece, stack left edge of another piece on top.
- Apply glue to right edge of stacked piece, stack left edge of another piece on top.
- Repeat for last 2 pieces, making sure to end up with a semi circle, not a strait line.
- Snip a small slit in the bottom of the last piece.
- Take right edge of slit and glue to the back of the first piece.
Stringing banner together
- Option 1: Glue small loops of string to the top if each leaf and flower; string onto desired length of string.
- Option 2: glue directly onto sting in desired pattern.
- Cut stencils out of paperboard or cut and cover in contact paper/clear tape.
- Create about half as many flowers as leaves and cluster with 1-3 leaves.
- Using an X-Acto® instead of scissors will give a cleaner edge.