Tropical Twist Freehand Bucket Hat
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit®: Tropical Twist
- Aleene's® OK To Wash It®
- Tulip® Fashion Glitter®: Silver Fine Jewel
- White 100% cotton bucket hat
- Plastic table cover
- Full roll of paper towels
- Piece of scratch paper
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project.
1. Prewash fabric to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener.
2. Cover work surface with plastic. Lay damp fabric on prepared surface.
3. Prepare dye following package instructions.
4. Squeeze a circle of Fuchsia dye around brim of hat and on flat portion on top. Squeeze Lime dye in middle section all around hat.
5. Cover fabric with plastic table cover. Let set 6-8 hours.
6. Rinse fabric in warm water until water runs clear.
7. Fill washer to large load setting with hottest water suitable for fabric and a small amount of non-bleach laundry detergent. Wash and dry separately for the first few washes.
8. Place hat on the end of a roll of paper towels, standing upright.
9. Use OK to Wash It to randomly draw stars and dots on hat then immediately pour Silver glitter over the glue and gently press with finger to set. Let set for 10 minutes.
10. Shake the hat over a piece of scratch paper to remove excess glitter and pour back into container for reuse.