True Blue Snowflake Cookies
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton foodcrafting supplies:Shaped Pan Sugar Cookie Recipe (found on cookie pan)12-Cavity Snowflake Non-Stick Cookie Pan10"x16" Cooling GridRoyal Icing MixRoyal Blue Icing ColorParchment PaperNon-Stick Cookie Sheet12" Disposable Decorating BagsCake Decorating Tip 2
1. Prepare cookie dough following recipe directions. Bake and allow to cool completely.
2. Prepare royal icing following package directions. Tint light blue; reserve some white.
3. Place cookies on cooling grid over parchment paper-covered cookie sheet. Pour thinned blue icing to completely cover cookie. Allow to set until dry.
4. Make snowflake designs. Use tip 2, a disposable decorating bag and full-strength white icing to pipe snowflake designs. Allow to set until dry.
Project Tip: To thin royal icing, add a small amount of water until desired consistency is reached. Icing can be refrigerated or stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to two weeks. Remix before using.