SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lion Brand® Heartland:Redwood 1 ball (A)Acadia 1 ball (B)Olympic 1 ball (C)or colors of your choice
- Lion Brand® crochet hook size K-10.5
- Lion Brand® large-eyed blunt needle
Four 3-dc groups + 8 rows = about 4 in. in pattern.
BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes you fewer stitches to match the gauge, try using a smaller size hook; if more stitches, try a larger size hook.
1. Color is changed every 3 rows.
2. To change color, work last st of old color to last yarn over. Yarn over with new color and draw through all loops on hook to complete st. Fasten off old color.
3. We think it is easier to work over the yarn ends as you go, but you can always weave in the ends after the Scarf is completed.
Work *(3 rows with A, 3 rows with B) 6 times, (3 rows with C, 3 rows with B) 6 times; rep from * one more time for a total of 144 rows (48 stripes).
With A, ch 35.
Row 1: 3 dc in 5th ch from hook (beg ch counts as 1 foundation ch and first dc), *sk next 3 ch, 3 dc in next ch; rep from * across to last 2 ch, sk next ch, dc in last ch – Eight 3-dc groups at the end of this row.
Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as dc here and throughout), turn, dc in first dc, sk sp between first dc and first 3-dc group, 3 dc in each sp between 3-dc groups, sk sp between last 3-dc group and turning ch, 2 dc in top of beg ch – Seven 3-dc groups and one 2-dc group at each end of this row.
Row 3: Ch 3, turn, 3 dc in sp between first 2-dc group and next 3-dc group, 3 dc in each sp between 3-dc groups, 3 dc in sp between last 3-dc group and last 2-dc group, dc in top of beg ch. Change to B.
Rep Rows 2 and 3 and continue to change color as in Color Sequence until all 144 rows of Sequence are complete. Note: You should have 4 striped sections, 2 sections of A- and B-colored stripes alternated with 2 sections of C- and B-colored stripes.
Weave in ends.
beg = begin(ning)(s)
ch = chain
dc = double crochet
rep = repeat
sk = skip
sp(s) = space(s)
st(s) = stitch(es)