SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3 colors of Tulle, 10 yards each or 56" or 108" wide
- 2 yards of lining fabric, 45" wide
- McCalls® pattern # 6466
- 7" Zipper
- Hook & eye
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
1. Follow pattern directions on cutting and sew panel together.
2. Attach panels, laying lighter colors on top of darker panels.
3. Cut and sew lining using the same pattern as tulle, Cut one #18, #19 and two #17.
4. Set zipper into lining
5. Gather tulle and lining together.
6. Hem lining with a turn and turn hem. Tulle does not get hemmed.
7. Shorten top three layers to the shape desired so that each layer is a different length.
8. Cut a waistband 28"x2-1/2" out of 3 layers of tulle and two of lining.
9. Sew all layers together for the waistband and attach to gathered skirt.
10. Sew hook and eye on to the back waistband.