Seam allowances are 1/2" & 1-1/2". RS= Right Side WS=Wrong Side
Body: main fabric - cut six 50"x24", cut two 50"x24" lining, contrasting fabric - cut two 50"x24-1/2" waistband fabric - cut one 49"x4", cut elastic 25"x1-1/2" (waist measurement minus 2")
1. Pin tulle piece RS together and sew sides together. Repeat on all tulle pieces. Gently press seams open.
2. Baste stitch around top of tulle piece and gather. Repeat on all tulle pieces.
3. Fold waistband fabric WS together. Fold in 1/2" seam allowance on ends and press with iron. Baste stitch waistband closed leaving ends open.
4. Pin raw edge of waistband to tulle layers. Placing open ends of waistband at center back. Baste in place.
5. Pin lining WS facing up to RS skirt with waist sandwiched in-between. Sew all layers together at 1/2" seam allowance. Turn lining pushing down inside skirt. Raw edge should be inside on a sheer skirt and sewn seam on outside so visible through tulle. To control volume, trim 1/4" off allowance and top stitch at 1/4" with zig-zag stitch. Be careful not to catch the lining.
6. Insert elastic into center back opening and pull through to other side of opening. Overlap elastic ends 1" and zig-zag stitch ends together. Slipstitch center back opening closed.
7. Fold lining hem up 1/2" and press. Fold again at 1" and press. Stitch hem closed at 1/8" on edge line.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>