Turkish Dance Belt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/8 yd Blue felt
- 2 Blue jewels
- 3 yds Gold coin fringe
- 3 yds Metallic gold sequin scroll
- 2 yds Metallic Gold Twist Cord, 8mm
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Tape measure
- Measure your hips. Cut blue felt rectangle 4" in width and the length as hip measurement. Taper both ends.
- Glue coin fringe along top edge of the felt so it dangles downward. Glue second piece of coin fringe along center of belt and third piece along the bottom edge. Fold ends under 1" and glue.
- Glue sequin scroll along the top edge of the belt, covering the top of the coin fringe. Glue sequin scroll along the center and bottom edge of the belt to cover the top of remaining coin fringe. Fold ends under 1" and glue.
- Cut twist cord in half. Glue the end of one piece of twist cord 1" inward from one of the tapered ends of the belt. Wrap the twist cord around the glued end to form a spiral as shown in photo and glue in place. Tie a knot in the loose end of the twist cord and glue to secure.
- Repeat Step 4 with remaining piece of twist cord, gluing it to the opposite end of the belt.
- Glue one blue jewel in the center of each twist cord spiral as shown in photo.
- Wrap the finished belt around your hips and tie the ends of the twist cord to form a bow.