Turquoise Butterfly Shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip One-Step Fashion Dyes: Turquoise
- Tulip Cool Color Block
- Tulip Soft Fabric Paint: Metallic Platinum & Black Pearl
- Tulip Spirit fabric markers: Light blue, purple, black & fluorescent pink
- Long sleeve white cotton T-shirt
- Cardboard, cut to fit inside shirt and covered with foil
- Spray bottle
- Trash bag
- Brush, liner
- For best results, read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Prewash shirt. Do not use fabric softener or dryer sheets.
- Slip cardboard inside shirt. With pencil, freehand butterfly. Refer to photo for design and placement.
- Trace lines of butterfly, using purple fabric marker for outline, pink for swirls on wings and black for body.
- Using Cool Color Block, make swirls coming out from butterfly. Between Color Block swirls add swirls using turquoise fabric marker.
- Let dry completely. Remove cardboard from shirt.
- Cover work surface with trash bag. Lay shirt on prepared surface.
- Wearing rubber gloves, add water to dye bottle. Replace cap tightly. Shake until dye is dissolved.
- Pour half of dye in spray bottle. Add water and Dye to desired color. Tighten sprayer lid on spray bottle. Spray entire shirt until turquoise.
- Cover with trash bag and let sit 4-6 hours. Wash in a large load of water with a small amount of laundry soap. Washing will remove excess dye and Cool Color Block. Line dry.
- Place cardboard back in shirt. Squeeze out a puddle of silver paint on piece of foil. Dip tip of brush in paint. Brush top of pink swirls inside wings on top of lines. Repeat for body, using black paint.
- Wait 72 hours before washing. Turn inside out and wash in warm water, gentle cycle with mild soap; line dry. Do not dry clean.