Turquoise Ombre Earrings
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Bliss Beads®:4mm gold rounds (2)4mm turquoise dyed howlite rounds (4)4mm blue aventurine rounds (6)6mm amethyst rounds (6)6mm blue aventurine rounds (8)
- 20' SoftFlex® purple flexible beading wire
- Beadalon® #2 gold crimp tubes (2)
- 1 pair gold ear wires
- Chain nose pliers
- Wire cutters
1. Cut the beading wire into two 10' pieces.
2. String four 6mm blue aventurine rounds onto one piece of wire. Move them so that they are at the center of the wire. Pass one of the wires in the opposite direction through the first bead strung so there is a circle of beads with two wires emerging from the top bead in opposite directions.
3. Onto the left wire string 2 6mm amethyst rounds. Onto the right wire string 1 6mm amethyst round and then pass through the second amethyst round on the left wire. Pull the wires so that they create a second circle of beads with the ends of the wire emerging from the top bead in opposite directions.
4. Repeat step 3 using 4mm blue aventurine rounds.
5. String 1 4mm turquoise round and 1 4mm gold round onto the left wire. String 1 4mm turquoise round onto the right wire. Pass the right wire through the 4mm gold round in the opposite direction.
6. Pass the wires in opposite directions through one crimp tube. Pull the wires tight and flatten the tube with chain nose pliers. Trim ends of wires.
7. Open the loop of an ear wire and place the top loop of the earrings in it. Close the loop of the ear wire.
8. Repeat steps 2 through 7 to create the second earring.