Turquoise Tassel Necklace
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Cousin ® Turquoise/Gold Accent (1 pk)
- Gold lobster claw clasp (1 pc)
- Gold 6mm jump rings (3 pc)
- Gold extender chain (3')
- Gold 4mm jump rings (2 pc)
- Gold cord ends (2 pc)
- Gold bail (1 pc)
- Brown cotton cord (202')
- Needle nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- Hammer & punch/drill with small bit
1. Using a small drill bit or a small punch and hammer, make a small hole opposite the pre-drilled hole.
2. Attach a 4mm jump ring to each of the accent holes. Attach a bail loop to one of the jump rings.
3. Cut (10) 5' lengths of cotton cord. Bring the cords together and slide on a 6mm jump ring. Fold the cords in half.
4. Cut a 2' length of cord and wind the cord around the folded cords from step 3. Wind the cord a few times around and tie a knot. Trim the excess and apply a dot of glue if preferred. Trim the tassels evenly.
5. Attach the tassel jump ring to the other 4mm jump ring at the end of the accent.
6. Cut (6) 25' lengths of brown cord.
7. Gather the cords together at one end and attach a metal cord end. Braid the six cords together. Slide the bail on half way through braiding and then continue.
8. After the desired length is reached, bring the six cords together, trim and attach a cord end.
9. Attach a lobster claw to one cord end using a 6mm jump ring and attach an extender chain length to the other end using a 6mm jump ring.