All seam allowances are 1/2" and 1/4". RS=Ride Side(s), WS= Wrong Side(s).
CUTTING: Felt: Cut one 3"x26-1/2", Cut one 4" square.
1. RS together sew the ends of long side of felt together. Pin RS together to form circle and sew at ½" seam allowance. Push seam allowance inside the felt basket.
2. On center front of basket wall, make a 1-1/2" horizontal slit for turtles head 1/2“ from the bottom of basket seam. On center back of basket wall, make a 1/2" horizontal slit for turtle’s tail, 1/2“ from the bottom of basket seam. Retack center back seam once you have cut through it so it does not come loose.
3. Two inches from center front and back on the side wall of basket cut a 3" horizontal slit for turtles legs ½" from the bottom of basket seam.
4. Measure slits around basket and weave the ribbon through.
5. Fold 2 green burp cloths into half and fold into half again until you have a 3" wide strip. Fold one corner over and pin into place. Repeat this step on the other end. Run one end of the burp cloth through the slit made for the foot and the opposite end through the opposite back foot. Repeat this step with the other burp cloth criss crossing over the other burp cloth.
6. Wrap a green burp cloth around Styrofoam® foam folding any excess fabric under the chin and secure around the foam with a rubber band. Push the remaining burp cloth through the outside front head slit made into the inside of the basket. Make a point with the opposite end and pin into place, push pointed fabric out the slit for the tail.
7. Adhere the stick-on eyes to the turtles face where desired.
8. Fold burp cloths into half and fold again until they are around 3" wide and tightly roll one end to the other and pin each end of cloth to secure. Fold Onesies® sleeves inward and roll one in to the other and secure with a pin at each end.
9. Place the rolled up burp cloths and Onesies® into the basket.
10. Sandwich wire between your butterfly and 4x4 piece of felt and iron the butterfly to the felt. Stitch around the butterfly at 1/16" securing the felt. Be careful when sewing over the wire making sure your needle does not hit the wire. Trim the excess green felt off from around the butterfly. Stick the butterfly in-between a rolled up onesies or burp cloth to secure it into the basket.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >