SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- K&Company™ 12"x12" Jubilee designer paper pad
- Jolee’s Boutique® Le Fleur orange lace flower
- Jolee’s Boutique® turquoise satin flower
- 2 wooden photo frames: 5"x7" & 4"x6"
- Acrylic paints: burnt orange, light blue, blue glitter, shocking pink, white
- Foam brushes
- Painters tape
- Decoupage medium
- Decor sand
1. Prepare frames by sanding off any color or sealer.
2. Apply Gesso thoroughly as a primer and allow to dry completely.
3. Place painters tape across middle of frames, from the back of one side to the back of the other side.
4. Using acrylic paint and a foam brush, paint top half of larger frame with light blue paint. Paint bottom half with burnt orange paint. Allow to dry completely. Apply second coats. Allow to dry completely. To add sparkle, use blue glittery acrylic paint as second coat.
5. Once dry, carefully remove painter’s tape and paint the exposed area with white acrylic paint. Allow to dry completely.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for smaller frame, using light blue and pink paints for top and bottom halves.
7. If photos being used in frames are beach shots, add a line of decoupage medium along the bottom of photo and dust with décor sand. Set aside to dry.
8. For beach grass embellishment: Take one 12"x12" sheet of tan patterned paper and cut about 20 strips measuring 1/4"x12". Gather all strips and adhere together as a bunch at bottom. Snip strips randomly to vary the length of each and make diagonal cuts at the top to create grass effect. Bend and twist strips carefully to create a natural look. Adhere bunch to left side of larger vertical frame. Cover bottom of strips with a fabric flower.
9. For smaller horizontal frame, add line of sand to bottom of photo as in Step #7 and set aside to dry. Add shells to bottom left area of frame and group 3 small blue flowers along bottom right side of frame.