Twist & Spray T-shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- T-shirt, preferably 100% cotton, prewashed & dried to minimize fading
- Simply Spray, 1 can each of Blue Jay & Deep Purple
- Newspaper or craft paper
- Paper towels
- Wash and dry T-shirt to remove sizing and minimize fading.
- Lay T-shirt flat on newspaper. Pinch the shirt with your thumb and forefinger to make large twists all over the shirt.
- Following manufacturer's instructions, spray the entire shirt with Blue Jay. To minimize spatter, start spraying onto a paper towel in your hand, then move onto the project. End spraying onto the paper towel as well. Hold can approx. 6-8" away from project. To enhance color, move closer. To lighten coverage hold further away.
- Lay shirt flat again. Pinch and twist as you did before.
- Spray the entire shirt with Deep Purple. Allow colors to touch and blend. Continue pattern.
- You can repeat pattern of twisting and spraying until you reach desired look. The more you twist and spray, the more unique your shirt becomes. Alternating colors in the center and twisting in opposite directions makes a spiral effect. Blending colors creates a brighter look.
- Lay flat to dry. Wait 72 hours before washing. Turn inside out when washing and do not use fabric softener.