SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 yd. each of eight cotton print fabrics
- 1-1/8 yds. of white cotton fabric
- 1 yd. for binding quilt and shams
- 4-1/2 yds. fabric for quilt backing
- 1 yd. fabric for pillow shams backing
- 1-1/2 yds. muslin for quilting shams
- 81"x96" batting for quilt
- Crib size batting for shams
- Rotary cutter, ruler & mat
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
- Sewing machine
Quilt Size 75" x 90"
Pillow Shams for standard pillow 26" x 20"
To print the templates and charts, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above).
Note – use 1/4" seams throughout
- From the eight print fabrics, cut two-hundred fifty-five (255) - 5-1/2" squares, approximately thirty-two (32) from each fabric.
- From the white cotton fabric cut:
- Fifteen (15)- 5-1/2" squares
- One-hundred twenty (120)- 3" squares
- Make fifteen 9-patch blocks with randomly arranged print squares.
- Use the fifteen 5-1/2" white squares, the remaining print squares and all the 3" white squares for the star blocks. Follow Diagram 1 to make star points.
- Follow Diagram 2 to assemble the star blocks.
- Follow Diagram 3 to assemble the blocks to make the completed quilt top.
- Sew finished blocks into 6 rows and sew the rows together as shown to make quilt.
- Bind and quilt as desired.
For 2 Shams:
- From remaining quilt fabrics, cut six strips, each 10" x 21".
- From backing, cut 4 pieces 17" x 21".
- Sew 3 strips together for each sham.
- Sandwich the muslin, batting and top of each sham together and quilt as desired.
- Trim to 27" x 21".
- To finish the shams, turn down one 17" wide side of each backing piece 1/2" and press. Turn down another 1/2", press and stitch.
- Lay front face down and pin 2 back pieces right sides up overlapping stitched edges.
- Stitch around in 1/4 seam. Bind just as a quilt.