SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Apple Barrel® Paint: White, Key West, Tuscan Teal, Pink Eraser & Candy Pink
- Mod Podge® 8oz Fabric Transfer
- One Stroke® Value Pack
- Walnut Hollow® Oval Plaque
- Fabric Quarters: Gray Asst
- White cotton fabric
- Bernat® Softee® Chunky Grey
- Hot glue
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Petroleum jelly
- Basecoat the wood plaque with White. Lightly rub petroleum jelly on the edges to the plaque. Paint with Key West.
- When the paint is fully dry, sand the edges to create a distressed look.
- Print the provided artwork. Apply a thick coat of Mod Podge® transfer to the print out and adhere to the fabric. Gently press out and bubbles or wrinkles in the paper. Allow the medium to cure for 24 hours. When the medium has cured, gently rub the image with a damp sponge.
- Using the colors listed above; paint some of the areas with #1 script liner. Paint the unicorn horn with Pink Eraser.
- Using the provided pattern, cut the middle section of the unicorn out of the grey and white polka dot fabric.
- Sew the pieces together to create the head.
- Sew the pieces of the horn together. Stuff the ears, and horn with the poly-fil. Stitch the ears and the horn to the head as shown. Stuff the head with poly-fil.
- Hot glue the head to the plaque.
- Cut strands of the yarn and hot glue to the head to create the mane.