Upcycle Flower Shoes
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DCWV® 6"x6" Fiber stack
- Duct tape: 2-3 coordinating prints and/or solids
- Old pair of shoes
- Floral decorative head pins
- White pearls
- Pink/rhinestone bead strands
- Silver rivets with corresponding tools
- Webbing for inside of belt (can be found in sewing section)
- 5/8" orange ribbon
- Small rhinestones
- 2 belt buckles (“d ring"/cinch type)
- Paper crafting punch—assorted flowers
- Paper crafting adhesive
- Craft knife
- Paper trimmer
1. Before covering the base of the shoes, clean and dry them thoroughly.
2. Once they are ready, use the craft knife to cut a slot in each shoe, in between the end of the heel area and the back of the shoe. Once the initial cut is made, continue cutting down approximately 1" to 1-1/4" with the knife. Cut 2 strips of the belt webbing and cover them with strips of the preferred duct tape print or solid. Put a strong adhesive on the end of each strip and, one at a time, push them into the space created with the knife. Hold in place for 30 seconds for the glue to begin to take a firm hold.
3. Plan out which color/print to use on the remaining areas of the shoes and then start adhering duct tape strips in place.
4. With the print/solids in place, add the remaining section of the ankle strap to each shoe. To do this, measure around the ankle and cut 2 strips of the belt webbing in this length. Cover them both with the preferred duct tape print/solid. Attach the center of the 1st strip to the top of the strip from step 2 with a rivet. Attach a section of the belt buckle/cinch by making a loop on each end around the respective pieces, adding a set of rivets to hold the loop in place. Repeat with the second shoe.
5. Cut out several flowers using assorted solids in the fiber stack. Attach them together in sets of 3 by pushing the decorative head pin into each grouping. Attach as desired around the ankle strap, leaving some tight and others to dangle. Attach a set to each toe strap as well. Trim any excess wire not being used to secure the flower groupings in place and wrap the ends back into the flowers.
6. For the finishing touches, embellish the shoes with the remaining items. Begin by adhering a pearl to the center of each head pin. Use the rhinestones to accent the heels of each shoe and add a strip of the pink beads with rhinestones along one edge of each toe strap.
7. Finish by adding a ribbon through each set of the belt buckle/cinches to hold them comfortably in place when worn.
Select Color:Click on a swatch to check availability and Add to BagCOLOR:View Details