Upcycled Party Globe
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1- found globe from store or garage sale
- 1- bottle of acrylic paint matching 7699C Pantone color
- 1- bottle of gold acrylic paint
- White Glue
- Small paint brush
- 1- Can of gold spray paint
- Mini battery pack lights
- Drill with small bit or dremel
- X-acto knife
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Remove globe from frame.
- Spray paint the frame gold and let it dry.
- Draw the Virgo constellation on the globe.
- Drill the holes for the battery lights to snuggly fit in the holes. (Do not insert the lights at this stage).
- Using your x-acto knife cut or pry apart the globe at the middle seam.
- Paint each side of the globe 2 coats of the blue and let dry.
- On the backside of the bottom part of the globe cut out a slot at the equator line. You will then hot glue the battery pack against the inside of the globe at the slot so that when the globe is reassembled you can turn the switch on and off from outside of the globe.
- Now insert the lights on the inside of the globe using your hot glue gun to secure the lights in place.
- Check the lights before you glue the halves back together. Line up the lines on the globe, and then glue the globe back together.
- Pull the metal frame a little apart and reattach the globe to the frame.
- Draw on the front of the globe the words, “Wish Upon the Stars”
- Painting over the letters using the gold paint. You will need to do a few layers.
- Paint on the globe random stars. Paint dotted lines from one light to the next to create the constellation pattern so that you can see it when the lights are on or off.
- To make it feel more whimsical, paint the stars different sizes and you can paint the word Virgo around the constellation.
Items in This Collection
Item # prd2197
Item # prd11432
Item # prd11200