Utility Fabric Tote Bag
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3/4 yd utility fabric
- 1 yd cable cord
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
1/4" seam allowance used.
CUTTING:2 -17"x24-1/2"- bag and lining2 – 8" circles – bottom and lining1 – 7"x24-1/2" - pocket
1. Make narrow hem in top edge of pocket.
2. Lay pocket RS up on bag having sides and bottom even.
3. Baste pocket along edges, clip to stitching.
4. Divide pocket into fourths, mark sewing lines.
5. Sew pocket to bag from top to bottom along lines
6. Fold bag in half RST and sew down 3-1/4", skip 3/4", continue to bottom.
7. For cord opening, press seam open and edge stitch opening.
8. Stitch bottom circle to bag.
9. Fold bag lining in half RST and sew, leaving and opening for turning.
10. Stitch bottom lining circle to bag lining.
11. With RST, sew lining to bag top.
12. Turn RS out, slipstitch lining opening closed, and press lining to inside.
13. To form casing, mark and stitch 4" down from top, then again 3-1/4" down.
14. Insert cording through hole and knot ends.